DIY large/giant roses from plain printer paper for backdrop with my full video tutorial and FREE template. So easy, so simple yet beautiful. Why not DIY wedding or party decor?
Video tutorial to make large/giant rose for backdrop:
Step by step instruction to make large/giant rose for backdrop:
For the flower
- Grab your A4 printer paper, we need 18 pages for each flower. You could definitely use A3, A2, A1 or A0 to make giant roses, please consider to use heavy weight paper for the larger flower.
- Cut the petals along the template
- Color the petal with watercolor as instructed. I use watercolor for the orange flower and pastel chalk for the pink one, and I love the texture effect of watercolor more. If you use watercolor, consider drawing water first as it will help to blend your color easier.
- Glue 3 petals with the triangle for the first layer.
- For the 2 outer petal layers, glue 5 petals with the pentagon and use a stick to make the petal’s curves.
- Cut and shape the petals and glue it the flower for the final layer.
For the leaf:
We could use green color paper and color the edge with red watercolor or use printer paper to color the same
Use the edge of scissors to make the leaf vein and curves.
For backdrop arrangement:
Like arranging a centerpiece or a bouquet, the backdrop will be fancier if there have big, medium and small flowers, foliages and fillers, with color harmony. It will be boring if we arrange the same size flowers together, like this, lol.
What you will need to make a large/giant rose:
Printer paper, A4 size only
Green color paper (optional as you could color the printer paper)
Watercolor (green, red for leaf color and your favorite color for flower )
DreamyPosy.com’s template for flower, leaf/foliage
DreamyPosy.com focuses on making crafts from printer paper and simple material, pls stay tuned with me.