Let’s make giant rose from plain printer paper.
This video tutorial will share you how to make a giant rose step by step, plus a FREE template.
It’s so easy, so simple yet beautiful. Why not DIY wedding or party decor?
Video tutorial to make a giant rose:
Step by step instruction to make giant rose:
6 steps to make a giant rose paper flower:
- Grab your A4 printer paper, we need 18 pages for each flower. You could definitely use A3, A2, A1 or A0 to make giant roses, please consider to use heavyweight paper for the larger flower.
- Cut the petals along the template
- Color the petal with watercolor as instructed. I use watercolor for the orange flower and pastel chalk for the pink one, and I love the texture effect of watercolor more. If you use watercolor, consider drawing water first as it will help to blend your color easier.
- Glue 3 petals with the triangle for the first layer.
- For the 2 outer petal layers, glue 5 petals with the pentagon and use a stick to make the petal’s curves.
- For the outer layer, cut and shape the petals and glue it to the flower.
3 steps to make leaves and foliage for a giant rose:
- Download and cut the leaves and foliage with my template
- We could use green color paper and color the edge with red watercolor or use printer paper to color the same
- Use the edge of scissors to make the leaf vein and curves.
If you like this, pin the following image for later use:
For backdrop arrangement:
Like arranging a centerpiece or a bouquet, the backdrop will be fancier if there have big, medium and small flowers, foliages and fillers, with color harmony. It will be boring if we arrange the same size flowers together, like this, lol.
What you will need to make a large/giant rose:
Printer paper, A4 size only
Green color paper (optional as you could color the printer paper)
Watercolor (green, red for leaf color and your favorite color for flower )
DreamyPosy.com’s template for flower, leaf/foliage
We provide completely free templates and tutorials on this blog, and work hard to earn our living from the advertisements you see on each page.
Kindly help by sharing our posts and pictures with your friends, but please do not share our templates directly.
We really appreciate your support and look forward to your requests and comments.