Making a rainbow rose from paper is quite easy. And it lasts for years, even ten years.
It took me just about 30 minutes from hand cutting and gluing a rainbow rose. And really want to share with you all for free.
I always want to share all for free. Therefore, as many people can get the benefit from this therapy as possible. But I found that some guy took my free templates, edited and sold them. Of course, it’s my fault that I did not make it good enough, and did not promote it well enough. e
So I decided that I will improve my flowers, share the easy ones for free, and sell the more difficult ones with just a low prices. And I would like to ask you to do me your favor: sharing, pinning my posts as best as you can. Really appreciate your support.
The techinique to make this paper rose is not new. You might find that there are many different ways to make paper roses, from different kind of paper.
I just try to share you here the template, and how to arrange the rainbow color petals in 2 different ways.
Step by step instruction to make a rainbow rose from paper:
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Rainbow rose instruction, step by step
- Cut the petals from my free template
My rainbow rose is designed with 5 petal template basic, so we will have 5 colors.
Each color will have 4 petals in 2 different sizes.
And we will need 4 base circles.
You can cut these by your scissors or cutting machine, I prepared the PDF, SVG and PNG templates for free.
- Glue the color petals to the base circle.
We will make 4 layers by gluing 5 different color petal to the circle base, in the same color order.
There are little holes in the circle, so that you could glue the petal exactly.
I used the glue gun, but you could use Tacky glue.
- Make the paper rose as usual
You might have seen my tutorial on how to make a paper rose, and I reapply that technique in this rainbow rose.
Just watch the video tutorial to apply each step of making this easy rose.
This image is when I was going to add the second layer of the flower.
- Add the third layer
- Add the last (4th) layer
- Two different color arrangement
Look at the way of arrangement of the color petals, one is a spiral style and one is just the same color on the same place.
I love both styles.
Please see the video for clearer instruction.
And this is the large rainbow rose that I applied the more difficult technique, as the petal forms are in different style. Check out that paper rose tutorial here.
Notes & Tips:
I’m sorry that my English is not good enough to express what I want to share, so I tried to make short video without explaining voice.
But please don’t skip any steps in the video, because I failed a lot before I could make it such easily lol.
- Make sure you have an awl to curl the petals, the form of petals is very important to the final flower’s form.
- Please be specific to the symmetry of the 5 petals (the distance between petals, the degree diagonal).
- Don’t be rush, I always arrange the petals carefully (without glue) and will not glue them until I’m happy.
- Try low temp (20w) glue gun to avoid burning your finger and you still have time to adjust the petals before they are fixed.
- And finally, keep practicing. I practiced a lot before shooting the video, hehe.
- Color paper (cardstock from 120gsm to 180gssm)
- Scissors or cutting machine
- Glue gun or Sticky glue
- Awl tool
- Scoring tool
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- My below templates (just click on the button)
That’s all. I’m sure that you can make it easily. Please share your flowers with me.