Carnation paper flower is quick and easy to make for beginners, so I decided to share this FREE tutorial and template as the first paper flower in the series of DreamyPosy.com’s DIY wedding paper flower tutorials.
Step by step instruction to make a Carnation paper flower:
Although my video tutorial is quite good enough, please refer this instruction to have the new update techniques to make paper Carnation.
- Download the template. If you don’t have a printer, apply a paper on your screen and use a pencil and trace the template.
- The paperweight for this Carnation flower is equal or less than 80 gram per square meter, ( as you might know the regular printer paper is 80gsm).
- Cut the circles and refer the step 2 to have more realistic petals’ edges.
- Twist the circle as hard as you can (see further in step 3)
- Insert a wire gauge 20 into the petal layers accordingly as the video instruction.
- Use a stick to curl to petal to make it more natural.
- Wrap a thick strip of tissue paper to form the sepal and cover by sepal green paper cut from the template.
- Wrap the floral tape around the sepal and the wire.
- Insert the leaves while wrapping the tape.
>>>> PIN ME <<<<<
Video tutorial to make a Carnation paper flower:
I also tried to make paper carnation with regular printer paper here, so making a pure white bouquet is also a lovely choice.
You might want to learn how to make paper boutonniere, please enjoy here.
What you will need to make a Carnation paper flower:
- Regular color paper ( thinner than 80 gsm is better), you choose the color you like
- Wire 20 gauge
- Floral tape
- Glue gun or instant glue
- DreamyPosy’s template
If you like it, please subscribe to have more DIY paper ideas.
Viva paper and scissors!!!