With FREE template and full video tutorial, DIY bridal paper bouquet 100% from the paper is so easy yet beautiful now.
In the previous gerbera daisy tutorial, I have shared a little dusty miller leaves but I’m not happy with it yet, as it’s not realistic.
White dusty miller leaves are quite an important foliage in many other next tutorials, so I kept thinking to make it better, and I would like to share how I made paper dusty miller leaves here.
Video tutorial to make paper Dusty Miller:
Step by step instruction to make full bridal paper bouquet:
For the paper dusty miller
- Get the cotton cardstock (the one has a soft texture like watercolor paper).
- Download DreamyPosy.com template and cut the leaves.
- Wrap the wire gauge20 with white floral tape, the tape exceeds the top of the wire a little bit so that we will have a smaller tip top here.
- Glue the wire with the leaf.
- Mix up white (~85%), black (7%) and blue (7%) watercolor
- Deep color the paper leaf in watercolor and get it dried.
- Use the stylus to create the leaf’s vein and edge curves.
- Use the sandpaper to help the leaf get the soft texture.
For wrapping the bridal bouquet
- Get 7 to 8 paper Gerbera daisy flower
- Get 3 paper Carnation flower
- Arrange these flower and dusty miller leaves
- Use masking tape to wrap the branches
- Wrap with the hemp cord and glue the end cord with glue gun
What you will need to make bridal paper bouquet:
- 180gsm cotton cardstock (the one has the watercolor texture like)
- Wire gauge 20
- White floral tape
- Watercolor (white, black, blue)
- Masking tape (or any tape to wrap the bouquet)
- Natural hemp cord, wrapping jute rope
- 20W glue gun
- DreamyPosy.com’s template
DreamyPosy.com focus on making beautiful craft from simple materials, stay tuned with me 🙂