A bouquet of rainbow Freesia paper flower on your table this autumn. Just need some piece of coffee filter and simple supplier. So easy.
I shot this Freesia paper flower video tutorial on a rainy day, so the light is not enough, so the image quality is quite blurred. And I also sorry that some actions were out of the frame. Updated: I’ve uploaded the new version that is much better. 🙂
Video tutorial to make the Freesia paper flower:
Instruction to make Freesia paper flower:
For the Freesia paper flower
- Grab the coffee filter paper and other materials and my FREE template.
- Color the Freesia petals with watercolor, by the technique wet on wet. It means you wet the petal with clean water first, then watercolor later, to help the color blending better.
- Let the petals dried
- Glue the 3 inner petals together with white glue, then use a round stylus and your fingers to curve the petals as video instructed.
- Cut a strip of 1.5 x 3.5cm from the coffee filter to make the stamen. Attach it to the floral wire gauge26.
- Use glue gun to attach the petals and stamen together.
- Attach the sepal together with the glue gun
- Make at least 2 different sizes of Freesia flowers
For the Freesia paper buds
- Use the tissue paper to shape the bud form with floral wire gauge26
- Wrap the bud with floral tape
- Attache the sepal by the glue gun
- Make different sizes of Freesia buds
For the whole branch:
- Use the floral tape to attach the buds and flowers together. Wrap the end with wire gauge20 and insert it with 3mm clear tube.
- It’s all about the curve, so please be detailed in the curves of petals, bud, and branch.
What you will need to make Freesia paper flower
(affiliate links included, please refer my TOS for further info)
- Coffee filter paper
- Green paper color
- Green floral wire gauge26
- White glue
- Floral tape
- Tissue paper
- 20w glue gun
- DreamyPosy.com’s template
You might enjoy more coffee filter flower tutorials here.
I love doing these simple crafts, and I would like to share it all with you for FREE. Please help to support me by your share, subscribe, comment and like. I really appreciate if you consider to support me when you shopping with my Amazon affiliate links.
Thank you and love you all.