Today I’ll share you 2 ways how I make the Poppy paper flowers, with the coffee filter and regular color paper (it’s as thin as printer paper).
If you need the SVG templates for Cricut, just let me know. I think it’s quite easy to make, but I have not tried yet 🙂
Video tutorial to make Poppy paper flower:
Instruction to make Poppy paper flower:
For the flower
- Use tissue paper and wire to make the core of stamen.
- Create the vein of the stamen by hot glue, wrap the stamen with floral tape and use your nail to help the vein pop up.
- Use yellow oil pastel chalk to color the vein of stamen
- Cut a paper strip of 1.5cm x20cm and color it to make the stamen. Fold up a little and glue it to make the anther, cut it as an eyelash and make the stamen as the video instruction.
- Glue the stamen with the core.
- Cut the petals with DreamyPosy’s FREE templates, color and glue it to form up the petals.
- Insert the wire into the clear pipe tube and lock up at the end.
- Wrap the tube with floral tape
For the poppy head:
- Use facial tissue to round up a small ball and glue it with the wire gauge20
- Wrap it with floral tape
- Use grey oil pastel to color over the tape
- Cut a tiny green paper flower and glue it on the top of the head.
For the leaf:
- Cut along the template, use the stylus to create the vein of the leaf and glue it with floral wire gauge26
- Use the red pastel chalk/red watercolor to help the leaf more realistic, if you want.
Materials to make Poppy paper flower:
- Color paper or printer paper
- Coffee filter
- Green paper color (for leaf making)
- Pastel chalk
- Floral tape
- Wire gauge20
- Tissue paper (for the bud core)
- 20w glue gun
- DreamyPosy’s template.
I love doing these simple crafts from my heart, and I would like to share it all with you for FREE. Please help to support me by your share, subscribe, comment and like.
Thank you and love you all.