Today I’ll share you 2 ways how I make the Poppy paper flowers, with coffee filter and regular color paper (it’s as thin as printer paper).
If you need the SVG templates for cricut, just let me know. I think it’s quite easy to make, but I have not tried yet 🙂
Video tutorial to make Poppy paper flower:
Instruction to make Poppy paper flower:
For the flower
- Use tissue paper and wire to make the core of stamen.
- Use hot glue to create the vein of the stamen, wrap the stamen with floral tape and use your nail to help the vein pop up.
- Use yellow oil pastel chalk to color the vein of stamen
- Cut a paper strip of 1.5cm x20cm and color it to make the stamen. Fold up a little and glue it to make the anther, cut it as an eyelash and make the stamen as the video instruction.
- Glue the stamen with the core.
- Cut the petals with DreamyPosy’s FREE templates, color and glue it to form up the petals .
- Insert the wire into the clear pipe tube and lock up at the end.
- Wrap the tube with floral tape
For the poppy head:
- Use facial tissue to round up a small ball and glue it with the wire gauge20
- Wrap it with floral tape
- Use grey oil pastel to color over the tape
- Cut a tiny green paper flower and glue it on the top of the head.
For the leaf:
- Cut along the template, use the stylus to create the vein of the leaf and glue it with floral wire gauge26
- Use the red pastel chalk/red water color to help the leaf more realistic, if you want.
What you will need to make Poppy paper flower:
- Color paper or printer paper
- Coffee filter
- Green paper color (for leaf making)
- Pastel chalk
- Floral tape
- Wire gauge20
- Tissue paper (for the bud core)
- 20w glue gun
- DreamyPosy’s template.
I love doing these simple crafts from my heart, and I would like to share it all with you for FREE. Please help to support me by your share, subscribe, comment and like.
Thank you and love you all.