This is the free step by step tutorial and template to make a paper rose. So easy. It’s perfect for your personalized gift.
Video tutorial to make paper wide rose:
Step by step instructions to make paper wide rose:
- Grab the coffee filter paper and other materials and my FREE template. As you could see that I have tried with many different types of paper. You could use printer paper and pastel chalk instead. I found that coffee filter and watercolor has the best effect.
- Color the fashion sketch picture with watercolor, or pencil, or comic marker, any kind you are comfortable with.
For the flower
- Cut the petal along the template.
- For blending the petal, use clean water to wet first. Then use diluted pink color for the first layer. Use the non-diluted pink at to top of petal and use clean water to blend it with the previous layer.
- Use a wire gauge20 with a head, wrap a small strip of tissue paper to shape the stamen and use hot glue gun to cover it all.
- Cover the stamen with yellow acrylic color, or yellow watercolor mix with white glue.
- Cut a 5cmx3cm rectangle of the coffee filter, color, glue, and cut as an eyelash as video instructed.
- Glue the eyelash with the stamen, then the petals with the stamen.
- Glue the sepal with the flower
- Wrap the floral tape at the sepal
For the bud
- Cut the petal and color as the flower petals
- Use the tissue paper to wrap up a bud shape
- Attach the petal with the tissue paper shape by white glue
- Use the round stylus to shape the sepal
- Glue the sepal with the bud and wrap with floral tape
For the rose hips:
- I’m not happy with this way to make rose hips, so I decided not to post it. But you could use the easy and simple cold porcelain recipe that I’ve shared on step 4 of paper Hibiscus tutorial here to make it and color by the nail polish.
Materials to make a paper rose:
- Coffee filter paper
- Green paper color (optional as you could easily color the printer paper)
- Floral tape
- Tissue paper
- 20w glue gun
- White glue
- DreamyPosy’s template for wide rose flower and fashion sketch picture.
I love doing these simple crafts from my heart, and I would like to share it all with you for FREE. Please help to support me by your share, subscribe, comment and like. I really appreciate if you consider to support me when you shopping with my Amazon affiliate links above.
Thank you and love you all.