Video tutorial with step-by-step details:
I love how cosmos look in the summer, so light and breezy, but it doesn’t last long, so I decided to make a most life-like paper cosmos flower as I can.
Simple materials to use:
- For the paper vase, I used 180gsm color paper but I found it’s a little bit of flimsy. It’s better to use metallic 250gsm paper, or glitter color 250gms paper, or pearl color 250gsm paper here.
- For paper Cosmos flower petal, I used 4mm rope paper, please make sure that it 4mm rope so that it has about 11cm width to cut petals. The rope paper has many colors that you could any flowers you want. Plus, the color of rope paper is not fade away as crepe paper, so that you could keep it fresh for years. 🙂 I found that using sprayed paint will have best color texture, the flower looks more realistic, but I could not stand that smell 🙂
- For the paper Cosmos flower stamen, I also shredded the rope paper and use water color for the stamen, but you could try oil color, acrylic color, sprayed paint …
- For the flower buds, just rope paper, toilet paper and glue only
- For the leaves, I use 75gsm green color paper and cut out with the templates.
- For the pecidals, I use the #24gauge paper wire
- For glue: just white glue applied.
- DreamyPosy.com’s template for flower and vase
Please feel free to share, should you have any queries, please drop the comment bellows so that I could know how to improve my dream :))