How to make paper 3D heart box, free template
Make this paper 3D heart box for your Valentine’s Day, with my free template and step by step tutorial. Or you could make your own for keeping your cute jewelry, stationary…
Today I do not make the video tutorial to make this heart box, as all the technique, tips, tricks are the same as the video tutorials to make 3D paper high heel and paper Christmas stocking here.
The process to make these low poly models is so relaxing! There’s no need to worry about what to do next… just glue the tabs with the same numbers together. It takes only about 1 hour to complete this cute heart box.
Step by step instruction to make paper 3D heart box:
- Print out the template on your favorite color cardstock. Any kind of paper will work, but the bigger the box is, the heavier paper will be required. I made this gold gloss box from A4 template size, and the paperweight should be around 160gsm to 220gsm. You could print out the template on the smaller size (A5 size) for a smaller box.
- I used the white glue on cardstock and used UHU glue for glitter/glossy cardstock.
- Cut out the template along the solid lines and score the dotted lines.
- Pay attention to the mountain fold (dot-dash) lines and valley fold (dash) lines. Use a ruler to help with folding.
- Glue the same number tabs to one another using quick dry glue for the best result.
- Print out another template for the box lining. Choose a paper color for the liner that complements the shoe surface for a gorgeous look. As an alternative, use spray paint or acrylic paint/nail polish to color the entire box or just the liner.
- Enjoy decorating your box in your own style.
If you like this, pin the following image for your later use.
What you need to make paper 3D heart box:
- Cardstock or glitter cardstock or glossy cardstock
- Scoring tool (dried out ball pen or the dull side of a craft knife)
- Quick drying white glue or UHU glue
- A needle or a syringe will help you glue neatly.
- DreamyPosy.com’s template
You might wanna know how to make a paper heart, so easy with my free template and tutorial.
We provide completely free templates and tutorials on this blog and work hard to earn our living from the advertisements you see on each page. Kindly help by sharing our posts and pictures with your friends, but please do not share our templates directly. We really appreciate your support and look forward to your requests and comments.
5 thoughts on “How to make paper 3D heart box, free template”
How can I print the template? Could you get a link?
It’s in the end of the material list, dear
The link on this page goes to the wrong template. Wasted lots of card, time, printing and cutting it out before realising.
OMG, I’m so sorry, I don’t know why that silly mistake happened. Updated the link. Thanks John so much, for let me know the isssue.
OMG, I’m so sorry, I don’t know why that silly mistake happened. I have updated the link. Thanks John so much, for let me know the isssue.